Fund Development and Communications Associate
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fund Development and Communications Associate is a full time position. The Fund Development and Communications Associate to be part of the senior leadership team responsible for growing and sustaining the organization. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development and Communications Associate is responsible for actively supporting the fundraising and communications activities of Community Link. The Associate works closely with the Executive Director, the Board Chair and board members to identify, solicit and steward gifts in support of Community Link’s mission.
This includes but is not limited to assisting in the annual appeal, major gift solicitation, writing grants, planned giving, strategic planning and planning events. An integral and essential role is the development of effective, targeted communications to all stakeholder groups, continually seeking to inform and inspire. The Fund Development and Communications Associate will also plan and implement public relations and marketing activities in this role. The Fund Development and Communications Associate will work to continually raise the visibility of the organization in the community through public relations, including but not limited to the website and social media.
1. Fund Raising – Establishes short and long-range goals for unrestricted funding sources. Strategizes and orchestrates methods of approach to institutional donors. Researches public and private grant sources (agencies, corporations and foundations) to identify sources of restricted and unrestricted funding. Works with program staff to develop funding related projects. Organizes individual donor campaigns (e.g., major donors, direct mail, matching gifts, and board of trustees). Organizes solicitation drives for pledges of ongoing support from individuals, corporations and foundations.
2. Grant Writing – Solicits and writes proposals and reports for federal, state, city government RFP’s as well as private foundation and corporation RFPs.
3. Major Gift/Donor Support – Produce major donor, board and special category solicitations/support materials with the intent to retain or upgrade gifts when possible. Cultivates donors by producing specialized correspondences, preparing letters of acknowledgment, scheduling and attending in-person visits.
4. Database and Records Management – Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in maintaining Donorview and paper records of contributors and grants. Maintain security and quality controls. Generate queries, reports, exports and any other collection data as needed.
5. Communications & Public Relations – Supervises most development and public affairs matters, particularly the creation of various communications such as the annual report, general boilerplate, general PowerPoint presentations, government relations, executive correspondences and speeches. Produces general content for website. Prepare press releases, with the approval of the ED. Work with staff to identify potential media opportunities and stories.
6. Implement Planned Giving Program – Track progress of pending Legacy and Bequest gifts. Fulfill requests, produce correspondences and encourage partial/early disbursement where appropriate.
7. Unrestricted Income Financial Reporting – Maintain accurate accounting of all unrestricted income and its sources. Interface with finance team to fulfill information requests and maintain reporting accuracy.
1. A minimum of 5 years of nonprofit fundraising/development experience, preferably with significant foundation and high donor fundraising experience.
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
3. Proven track record of achieving revenue targets and/or a quota of over $500,000 annually
4. Excellent research, organizational and communications skills with demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
5. Experience and comfort working with senior level executives and board of directors
6. High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative
7. Demonstrated ability to think strategically and thorough understanding of strategic development
8. Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new accounts
9. Strong partnership-building and event planning skills
10. Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base
11. Ability to develop and manage budgets and prepare financial reports
12. Strong computer skills and proficient with Mail Chimp, Squarespace, Donorview and Microsoft Office programs
13. Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent prior experience.
This position does have direct supervisory responsibilities with interns, volunteers and committee members.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Community Link is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, women, persons with disabilities, etc.local law.
Warehouse - Full Time
This position is temp-to-hire. Must be 21 or older to apply due to truck insurance limitations.
Monday - Friday: 8am-4pm
First Saturday of the Month 9am-2pm
Please send your resume or questions to Careers@community-link.org.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Stocks food shelves as needed
Responsible for implementing food warehouse policies and procedures.
Weigh in and log all donations, following prescribed agency procedures.
Ensure refrigerated and frozen products are stored in appropriate areas in cooler and freezer with identifying tags.
Ensure dry product is put in proper location.
Maintain all temperature and cleaning logs pertaining to the refrigerators and freezers.
Reviews inventory to ensure adequate supplies are available.
Inspect product donations to assure that safety and sanitation standards are met.
Inspect all incoming loads for evidence of spoilage, odors, damaged containers, insects, rodents, excessive heat, freezer damage, water damage, mold or product leakage.
Must be a backup driver in case the warehouse is short staffed
Be available for unexpected emergencies and/or needs at the food pantry.
Excellent Interpersonal Skills
Computer skills in Word, Excel, Email, Internet, etc.
Must be able to drive either automatic or standard transmissions.
Must be able to safely drive a 26ft box truck on the highway and back into store docks.
Must be able to utilize a pallet jack and a pallet stacker safely.
Must be able to lift 50+ pounds repetitively.
Must be able to bend, stoop and lift.
Must be able to be on their feet at all times.
Self-motivated – Self-starter
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the volunteer for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Community Link offers paid vacation, sick time, holidays, etc. Community Link does not offer 401k or health insurance at this time.